Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Membuka Lembaran Baru..

Bismillahirrahmanirrahim..
*firstly, sorry Daeng, ana pinjam quote anta for the title,huu..

Alhamdulillah 3 weeks had passed since the beginning of the fall semester and it has been a month of my stay in US. The first month here had taught me many new things that I could benefit from it to introspect and rectify myself. I admit living in this new environment is not that easy to keep up my previous momentum.. I really feel the importance of my tarbiyyah dzatiyyah to sustain my spirit and be focus. Really need to improve the weight of my amal; tilawah qur'an, fast, qiamullail, Dhuha, Ma'thurat, Sunat prayers etc.. Maybe before this, if I do something there are still other people to correct or advise me but here I need to shape the environment. If I am not strong, how could I affect others? Syeikh Hassan Al-Hudhaibi’s words always comes to my mind and inspires me; “strengthen Islam in yourself, then only Islam will stand up around you!”

Surely I need to gear up more on my strength and momentum to the highest level possible in order to withstand all the challenges here! It is challenging to stand out of the crowd and be unique from other people and bring new changes but that is what a true Muslim should do, present the uniqueness of Islam. May Allah always grant us His mercy and strength to make us remain on His Straight Path.. We are nothing and useless without His mercy and blessings.

My friends always ask me, "how's life there?", "how's Indiana?" and etc. Actually, sometimes I have long thought what should I exactly reply. Usually I'll say Alhamdulillah, doing good and everything's fine insyaAllah.. It sounds too general because I felt replying with a sentence was actually insufficient. It does not truly answer the questions. Many things to be shared but..hm.. maybe they have to stay tune for updates insyaAllah~

When I first arrived, I was sort of amazed by the kindness and friendliness of the Americans here. When I go to the mall or any supermarket, they are very concern about their customers and treated us very well. It happened one time, when I went to the university's library. I searched online for the book codes for me to find and borrow books for my reading assignment. So, I went to the counter and asked the person in charge there. She was busy doing her work but when I came, she immediately stopped and responded to my request. She didn't only show me the directions but she herself brought me directly to the book shelf that I am searching for, she took the book and gave it to me, subhanallah! I haven’t experienced this in my life. It happens also if I ask directions of places. Sometime, they will follow me until I arrive in front of the building/room that I am searching for, though the distance are quite far. This should be a very good attitude to be applied in dakwah fardhiyyah, huu..

Talking about this, I remembered a prominent ulama' once said, “I see Islam in the West but there is no Muslim.. and I see there are Muslims in the East but there are no Islam..” What is meant by this quote is that in the west, for example America, non-muslims are majority but their attitude and behaviour really reflects what Islam taught and encouraged us to be. In the other hand, Muslims in the East are majority but lots of them have akhlak that does not reflect Islamic teachings. This is one thing that I really appreciate and value from the society here, putting aside all uncivilized behaviors conducted by them. The truth is that our akhlak is very essential and could really manifest great impacts to people around us. This is something that we are unaware with it, especially myself. Qudwah qabla dakwah!

Living in a small community of Muslims at one side is quite interesting. We could be very close to each other. The relationship can be much stronger, same goes when it comes to MH (Malaysian Muslim Hoosiers)<-- it's not a society at all, just a group of Msian muslim guys a.k.a mad'u.. I see bright hopes here insyaAllah..for DnT, though its kinda challenging to DF seniors but sometimes its kinda fun because they are nice and kind, and not arrogant~ 

wassalam..

Kerja besar untuk perubahan besar!

1.13 am
Zubayr Aizaini,
Living room (senior's house)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails